Life Changing Events Never Seem to End

Its been quite a while, and I dare say much to long. So here is a another entry for anyone wanting to hear some of the crazy things the Lord puts in my head and on my heart.

The Lord clearly used South Africa and my incredible adventures there to shape and mold me as a person and as a follower of Christ. I am incredibly thankful that those changes were not quick like a lit match, with a bright flash of passion that fades quickly until it slithers into the corners and is gone. Instead, this desire to live my life for Christ and to spend my time serving and loving those in front of me has been a constant simmer of heat that every once in a while rises to a full tumultuous boil and then simmers back down but is constantly churning away. I praise God for His words and whispers that He is constantly speaking into my life to make sure that what I experienced in that African dust does not dissapate as the sun sinks to the horizon.

My God sure is a persistant Being and I praise Him for His faithfulness and grace. Trust me, I have tried to close my eyes to the things He showed me and turn my back from the needs that lie in wait before my eyes but this God I try to love just wont let me give up on this new found desire.

So what exactly does all this jibberish mean? Well, not a whole lot really. Or at least, I haven't the faintest idea where all this leads but what it really comes down to is I serve a huge, miraculous God who choses a wretch like me go out into the world and be His hands while He knows full well that He will spend a lot of time having to clean up behind me and work dispite me. These words I type and the life I live is testimony to the Christ I have laid my life down for.

I am not perfect. But He is.
I can't do anything right. But He is always right.
I am not strong. But He is strength completely.
I am but a wretch. And He is the Lover and Savior of wretches.

I pray this post makes at least a little sense to you as you read it. Maybe more than this jibberish means to me. I also pray that it encourages you to love and serve your God through the people that are right in front of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment