I've Got a Lot of Time to Make Up For

Yes, that's right. I totally just wrote a post and here I am writing another.

It's just been so darn long. And I just have so darn much to say. (Imagine that...)

The Lord is stirring up my life, as He seems to do a lot, and in many ways it is very exciting. He has set before me a grand opportunity to go to Guatemala City, Guatemala in May for three weeks of orphan ministry, elderly ministry, service projects, and church outreach. It just blows my mind that the Lord would chose me to have the chance to come along side another incredible group of people and serve alongside them in a new land that I have never seen before. The fact that He would desire to use me to love these people is so beyond my comprehension.

And if that were it, I may be able to handle it but even as I prepare my heart and my head and my hands for this beautiful adventure He has laid out for me, He doesn't stop there. He has decided to completely outdo Himself and bless me with incredible people to go on this trip with me. I have the opportunity to co-lead with my best friend who is one of the most compassionate, loving, beautiful people I know. I am getting to know our staff leader better who is diligent, committed, and exactly what we need on this team. Oh yeah, you think that's it but it isn't. Not even close. There are four other girls going with us who each have beautiful, distinct, unique characteristics that the Lord has given them to use in their specific roles on this team. They are all out there, serving the Lord with every breath they take and that is simply... breath taking! And the boys, well, I should say men, because the three men on this trip are some of the most passionate, kind, and God-loving men on our entire campus. They are distinct men of God each in their own place with the Lord and each so vital to the team. Oh and yet, with such incredibly legit people going on this trip, one cannot do anything alone. The Lord must truly know this because I have watched as these people have begin to mold into each other as each comes to know the other on a deep, heartfelt level. It's as if we are molding, conforming, and filling in each others cracks like clay does as it gets warm and settles. I pray with some more time, we will mold completely, accepting each other for the uniquely beautiful individual they are and come together to form one complete entity with nothing on our hearts and minds but serving the Lord fully. Alone, we will each fall but together we will stand firm in the Lord.

Praise God, praise God, praise God!

If this experience in planning this trip and preparing for this service has taught me anything it is that this God I serve is miraculous, loving, and gives me more grace than I could ever possibly deserve. He just blows my mind.

I pray that you are well aware of the incredible people that the Lord has placed in your life to help lead you closer to Him. I challenge you to make sure that those people in your life that you admire, love, and need know these things and I pray the Lord grows these relationships and continues to strengthen you through those wonderful people He has bless you with.

Well, thanks for reading! Take care and I'll be back soon! :)

2 comments:

kails said...

it pleases me to no end that you are blogging :) i promise my heart is seriously happy. and i love seeing what the Lord is doing in your life (and i'm thankful that i get to see you and hear about it for real!) and i just love you.

maren said...

pretty much exactly what kailey said. :o) i'm so excited that you're blogging and that you are awesome and especially that God is rockin' in your life. love you!!!

Post a Comment