That's MISS Harder, to you!

Could it be? Is it really possible? I just may be a real teacher someday... and sooner than I ever thought.

I found out this week that through a meeting with the high school in the articulation area that my name has been thrown into the hat for a long term sub position for the biology teacher at a high school in the area. Ya, that's right.

It sounds like the position is a full semester position for a teacher who teaches mostly biology and one section of marine biology. That's a little different then my 8th grade physical science and will be a pretty big adjustment from middle school to high school but an interesting possibility nonetheless.

Now nothing is for certain in any way and there are other candidates for the job but some of my cooperating teachers were approached by the science chair-person at the school who said I had caught her eye.

This just fell into my lap and that's crazy exciting. Not only is it a potential opportunity for job experience... but its a paycheck!!! :)

Just a crazy thought that God could have such a wonderful plan that doesn't require me to wait it out and hope the job market gets better. He certainly is soooo good to me.

But again, nothing is for certain. Whether or not I take the job, it will be a great experience for me to go through the process for applying for the position.

If you think about, send up a prayer for me. My prayer is that this would all be according to His will. I don't want the position if I am not a good fit so I just pray for wisdom for me as I go through the process and discernment for those who are doing the hiring for the position; I don't want the job unless I am qualified and the best fit for it.

And in the meanwhile, I just pray I can grow where I am planted and impact my students the best I can.

Thanks for reading, friends!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment