Putting this off...

I keep telling myself, "Larissa, you need to update that blog..." "Just take a minute and write something down..." "You love reading everyone elses updates on their blogs, maybe you should return the favor..."

Ya, I keep having these mini conversations in my head and then I close down Blogger and go do something else.

NOT TODAY!

Im not really sure how many people actually read this but if there is anyone who just wants to check up on me, I wanted you to know that I have never been happier in all my life.

I am student teaching at a middle school in Golden, CO and I am in love with middle schoolers. I teach 5 sections of Physical Science which is a lot of chemistry and while its difficult most days, I am learning more than I could have ever expected. Every day provides a new opportunity for me to make a mistake and learn from it and most days contain several hidden jems.

One of my classes in particular has many kids with special needs and because of all the different levels of learners and behavior issues, it is my most difficult class. I typically have my cooperating teacher in there with me as well as a special education teacher but yesterday I was all alone in the room for the whole class period. There is one student who is particularly difficult because of behavior issues and him and I have had it out a couple times this last week, one of which ended with him in the assistant pricipal's office for most of the afternoon. Well yesterday I was trying to do all I could to keep him in align and called on him to answer a question at the begginning of class. He wasn't paying attention and had no idea what the anwer was so I gave him the option to phone a friend. He preceeded to dial on his palm and then make a "phone" out of his thumb and pinky and called a girl across the classroom who picked up her "phone" to answer. They had a phone conversation about the answer which was hilarious, put there phones back down and then the student gave me his final answer. It was so funny. We laughed as a class for a while and then continued on with class. I think it was the best time the student had in my class and it was a step in the right direction for him and I.

Another thing you may want to know about me is I am madly in love. I mean, head over hills. I mean, I found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. Eric and I have been together for almost 7 monthes now and as we say, 7 months down, 60 years to go. This man is incredible. He is hard working and passionate and desires to just serve people the rest of his life. He is getting his masters in rehabilitation counseling and works very hard at school. He is going to be an awesome counselor. I could go on for hours about how incredible he is and how good he is to me but we'd be here all day. Just know he loves me more than I deserve, treats me better than I could have dreamed of, and makes me so happy. I love every minute I am with him and look forward to our whole life together.


But yes, I know this whole blog has really only been about two things: teaching and Eric but that is really all I have time for in my life. I teach and I grade papers and I plan for new lessons and in between I sneek in some time with Eric. I sleep when I can. Its rough some days but incredible other days and I am the happiest I have ever been.

Hope this blog finds you well and that God shows you the important gifts in your life that He has given you.

I'll blog again soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment