Spring "Break"

Well, its Spring Break. And I must say, I have never needed a break more in my entire life.

Don't get me wrong. I am still enjoying my job more than any working woman should. The kids have discovered that I am a total pushover (surprise, surprise!) which has made things a little tough but in a way things are more fun. My colleagues are still just as wonderful. I can't express my thankfulness for their help, support, and wisdom. It really has been an incredibly wonderful experience.

But nonetheless, praise God for Spring Break.

And to kick off the week, I got called for Jury Duty. I was supposed to report for duty this morning but I called and they didn't pull my number. I would have raged liked I have never raged before if that was how I had to spend my spring break. I dodged a bullet there.

Ironically, most of my spring break will be spent at Old Navy. I need to work a shift so that I can keep the job as a back up for the summer but when I said I have open availability, the new Boss Lady took that as "Oh, the overworked new teacher doesn't need a spring break at all. I will give her 30+ hours and no days off. Perfect." Oh yes, I had a chat with her yesterday. And yes, I will still be working 30 hours this week. (pushover, remember?) Yay for spring break. I mean, seriously. I have students who are enjoying the 24 hour ice cream machine on their Caribbean cruise right now. And another student who is slowly baking to death pool side in Vegas. And another who I am sure is scuba diving his little heart out in the British Virgin Islands. And I am folding clothes and fighting customers who just can't see to squeeze their hips into the single digit size and have decided the best route is to take it out on me. Greeeaaat.

Wow, that came out a bit bitter.

So let me end it with this. Despite the downsides, I am so excited to spend the week hanging out with my incredible boyfriend. We are gong to opening weekend for the rockies on Sunday, and we have mentioned a picnic and a trip up to Estes maybe. I know I don't talk about him so much on here but I hope all you important ladies know that I have never been happier or felt more blessed. It has been really cool because Eric and I have been going to church together. That seems to open up so many doors for great God-centered conversations and it has been really cool to learn alongside each other. So cool. I am very blessed.

So, yeah. There is some light in this dark tunnel that is my Spring Break Ruined by Old Navy. Ha ha. It will all be just fine. More money in my pocket has never been a bad thing.

Ya, its a good thing. Right. :)

1 comments:

Emilia said...

Two things:

1. www.donorschoose.org Think of a sweet project or need that your kids have, throw it up here and scouts honor, I'm there to help you fund it. Love love love this idea.

2. Watching "Waiting for Superman" and bawling. If you haven't seen it yet, you should although im sure you're all too aware of whats up. Heart-breaking.

Xoxoxox, love you!

Post a Comment