Im alive...

I haven't posted in a long time, mostly because I knew I would see all the people that read this blog at the recent wedding shenanigans. (And oh how lovely it was to spend time with you ladies!!) But since I like to sometimes flatter myself and allow my mind to wander to the near future where my blog is increasingly witty and popular and enjoyed by millions, I will write to my admiring readers who wait so impatiently, in such anguish, for my next blog.

Ya, I'm kidding.

But for reals. I just thought I would include some things I am learning while molding the minds of the future:

1. CSAPs suck. For sure. But its kind of nice when you can split up the test proctoring so you can get a little extra grading and planning done. I didn't take any grading home these last two weeks. Awesome!

2. Students are awful during CSAP time. So while it is nice to have some extra planning time, it is SOOO wonderful to be done with it so the kids can stop using it as an excuse to be lazy and obnoxious.

3. Pay days have never felt so sweet. :) Enough said.

4. I have found the cure to Facebook addiction: get a life. (If you are still addicted to facebook, please don't take that personal. But someday, maybe you too can break the addiction. Baby steps, my friend. Baby steps.)

5. Speaking of facebook, apparently when you teach high schoolers and are the cool, new, young, hip teacher (their words, not mine...) that also means you are the hot new thing to friend on facebook. Sorry kiddos. Not going to happen.

6. High schoolers are babies with adult problems. It's heart breaking and so sad sometimes but it makes me all the more determined to be there for these kids and make sure my classroom is a safe place for them.

7. Nothing says "Bad Day" like a broken copier, broken scantron machine, and laptop on the fritz. Technology is great when it works and a curse when it doesn't.

I guess that's all. I mean, I obviously have about a zillion more things I could write but the wit is running low. So I guess that brings me to the last one: being a teacher is TIRING! Wonderful, but tiring.

Ha ha, love you guys! Thanks for reading!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment