Blessings Upon Blessings!

I have to say, I am just so encouraged right now.

First of all, sometimes being humbled hurts really bad but sometimes it is the greatest experience. This whole process of leading a group of peers and trying to follow God's will is certainly not as easy as it seems, but then again, I guess most things never are. But regardless of how hard it seems at times, the Lord is so faithful. He is always one step ahead of me and continues to mold this trip into what He needs it to be. Sometimes these changes strike a little fear in me but with a little time, I always see how God is working for the good. This trip is His and we are just going over to South Africa to do whatever He needs us to do. I like it better when He takes control.

So humbleness is the first blessing and plane tickets are the second.

Most of the time, when you book a flight oversees, you have to do it way in advance and have that money ready. Because of our current financial struggles, buying plane tickets right now as we would have been this time last year seems pretty impossible. However, God is good and brought to us a deal with British Airlines where we can put down $100 per person and reserve our seats on the plane. I mentioned this in the blog before this one but I don't think I realized how rare and helpful this is. We won't have to give the airlines names or the remainder of the plane fair until the end of March. God just knows that we are struggling and He is giving us more time. His wisdom and goodness just blows my mind sometimes.

It’s hard to look through the fog of these financial burdens sometimes but when I break through and truly open my eyes to see, I am surrounded but the sovereignty and goodness of God. Hmm, God is so good!

And lastly, I want to share with you the verse that the Lord showed me today:

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58

0 comments:

Post a Comment