I'm alive

Ya, I know. You might have assumed that, with my apparent lack of blogging time, that I might have met my demise but nay, I have not. Oh gosh, I just typed "nay." It must be the last couple weeks of May.

That rhymed.

But yes, as I am sure you can tell, I may be slowly losing my mind. School is crazy and dramatic. The students all think that sunny weather and the sleeping in that is on the horizon means they don't have to try, or study, or show effort of any kind. So obnoxious. I mean, we were never that bad, right Mar? (Shh Emilia, don't mention the Fazoli runs or about 90% of AP physics. Or economics. Or senior year at all, really.) I maintain that I was a stellar student from day one until I donned the cap and gown.

Ok, I'm a liar. Whatever.

But my students aren't even the most dramatic. You get a bunch of educators in one staff meeting and its like a bunch of time bombs. All it takes are a couple words like "budget cuts" or "new state standards" or "3% decrease in pay" and I swear that WWIII might just erupt in the library. Its even more obnoxious then the students' apathy. Luckily, I do seem to be surviving thanks to the armor of naivete I seem to be wearing. I don't care about the 3% decrease in pay because a teaching contract would bring in more money then I have ever received, even with a 3% decrease. And budget cuts? Please. Bring it on. And new state standards? Well they don't scare me. It all comes with a job and I just really want a job.

Speaking of jobs, I don't have one after June 1st. Scary. I have a few applications out but no one is hiring. Thompson school district just fired all first and second year teachers in the entire district at the secondary level. I don't exactly think they are going to be hiring any new inexperienced teachers anytime soon. The other districts in the area are all in the same boat. As for my current position, there is so much turmoil at the administrative level that its going to take months to straiten out that ball of yarn. If it does work out like most people want it to, I may have a possible job there in August. Basically, the principal is retiring and as everyone rolls around down in the main office, the science teacher position may open up. Its still a long shot for me to step back into that job when there are so many people out looking for jobs right now but you never know.

I don't really have a plan right now. But I am confident that it will all work out. Its just a bit of a waiting game right now as school districts get their acts together. I think positions will open up in July. So maybe I will catch a bit of a break. Who knows. God is good and it will all be fine.

But on to better news: Mark your calendars, ladies. June 16th, 2012 I am shedding the last name and adding Clark. Buy something hot to wear and bring the heels and drink of choice (in a classy flask, of course) because we are going to CELEBRATE! Eric and I have a reception site in Loveland called the Garden Room. It is in a warehouse turned ballroom and its way nice. We will most likely have the ceremony outside, maybe at the Foote Lagoon in Loveland but we can't book that place until December. Regardless, we are making some progress on the wedding planning. Its tons of fun. Eric, who at first gave me the typical "its your big day so just tell me what to wear and when to be there", has quickly forgotten that approach and voiced more opinions. Which I think is awesome. We are brewing up some fun ideas so it should be a good time.

Outside of that, things are typical. School takes up a lot of time but I really love those winy, apathetic and sometime pathetic high school kiddos. I'm super blessed to have the job, to be planning my wedding to my soul mate, and to have a God as great as I do.

Life is good so I can't complain.

Love you, Ladies! Take care!

2 comments:

maren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maren said...

Sorry... I had like 57 errors. English teachers... you think they'd edit. HA! Ok, so I plead the 5th on your question about you as a senior. HA! Really, I was 9 months pregnant.... I was worse than all you seniors! Shoot, half the time the 4th hour runs were to satisfy some random craving I had. HA! Don't stress about the job front... it will work out as it should. And SO excited about the wedding plans... we must hang out soon!!! :o)

Post a Comment